The new 2019 Mitsubishi Triton is Coming!
The new 2019 Mitsubishi Triton, which features enhanced active safety technologies, new off-road capabilities, a striking new redesign and a six-speed automatic transmission, has been revealed in Thailand, and will feature a market-leading 7-year/150,000km warranty*.
Under the bonnet, the Triton sports a 2.4L DOHC MIVEC 16 valve common rail intercooled diesel engine, with a 2.4L MPI Petrol option available for the Single Cab variant. This is one of the quietest and most efficient diesel engines on the market, contributing to better torque and speed power across the whole rev range. Peak power is 133kW at 3500rpm, while torque reaches 430Nm at 2500rpm across both manual and automatic transmission models.
The restyled Triton 4WD models are fitted with the choice of Super-Select 4WD or Easy-Select 4WD for improved off-road performance. A new Off-road Mode tailors engine power, transmission and braking to the conditions, with GRAVEL, MUD/SNOW, SAND and ROCK (in 4LLc only) settings.
Class-leading Active Safety and Driver Assistance systems feature in the model update, including:
- Forward-Collision Mitigation, which detects vehicles and pedestriants ahead.
- Blind-Spot Warning to alert drivers of nearby vehicles when changing lanes.
- Rear-Cross Traffic Alert, which helps avoid collisions when reversing.
- Ultrasonic Misacceleration Mitigation System to regulate the accelerator in confined spaces.
- Parking Sensors and a Multi-Around Monitor to generate a bird’s-eye view of the vehicle.
The 2019 Mitsubishi Triton is scheduled to launch in Australia in late January. Register your interest at your local Trivett Mitsubishi dealership to be one of the first to drive the toughest Triton ever. For Mitsubishi Parramatta, click here and for Keystar Mitsubishi, click here.